Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Firefox...meh


Well, Firefox is just fine, but I can't say I really feel like it's all that better than IE. I suppose it's because they copy each other. I've been using tabbed browsing in IE for quite a while, and though there are differences, none of them are radical enough for me to care. I downloaded an Ad-on (I guess since they have a different name and aren't from Microsoft they are therefore better than plug-ins) which changes the color of the tabs. It's pretty, but it didn't revolutionize my life. I definitely do not like the fact that when I updated Firefox it set itself as my default browser without asking--that is BAD behavior in my book. I also hate that Ctrl-O opens a file rather than allowing me to open a link. I learned to use computers in the old, dark days of the command line and control keys. I still miss WordPerfect for Dos. I also downloaded an ad-on that brings up a wikipedia article when you go a goole search. It's kind of cool, but the resolution on the google search is fuzzy in the display. So in a short amount of time, I'm not converted. I'll continue to mess with it from time to time. Right now there's nothing I want to do on the net that I can't do with IE.

1 comment:

  1. WordPerfect for DOS! Now there's a memory...

    Thanks for the FireFox critique! Sounds like you've played with it enough to help patrons with it. Definitely not cool on the setting itself as default browser!

    ReplyDelete